I need campus parking before August 30. What are my options?
If you'll return to campus in early August, you may wish to register for a summer permit, purchase daily permits or use visitor parking. Because the summer permit is prorated, it is by far the most cost-effective option. If you'll need regular on-campus parking starting August 30, view faculty/staff permit fees and types.
Free Parking Locations, August 21 to August 29: any vehicle with or without a DOTS permit may park in Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 16 and 17. Faculty, staff and visitor parking is enforced as usual during this time. Restrictions for athletics and special events still apply.
If you don’t already have a parking permit, you’ll need one to park on campus this summer.
- Summer permits allow you to park in an assigned lot and faculty/staff overflow lots.
- They are valid at the time of purchase through August 22.
- Contact your department’s transportation coordinator to purchase a summer permit and receive your lot assignment.
- Payment options are available.
- These permits are best for employees who park on campus for four or more hours per day, one to two times per week.
- They allow you to park in faculty/staff overflow lots.
- If you need Daily permits, complete the faculty/staff daily permit request form two business days before you need to park. Learn more.
UMGC evening faculty and staff do not need a permit to park in the unrestricted parking areas after 4 p.m. daily, and all day on weekends and university-observed holidays. However, UMGC faculty and staff must register and properly display a current valid permit/decal to park in the faculty/staff restricted parking areas.
Update your parking registration if your vehicle license plate number has changed, or if you are driving a vehicle that is not currently on your permit. To make these changes to your parking permit, please log in to your parking account and update your vehicle information before arriving to campus.
If you wish to change your parking lot assignment, please speak with your department's transportation coordinator.
FOR NEW EMPLOYEES
Your department's transportation coordinator will help you register for an annual parking permit and complete the required forms below. These forms must be authorized by the transportation coordinator prior to visiting the DOTS office at Regents Drive Garage.
Faculty/Staff Parking Application Form (Ask your transportation coordinator)
PRE-TAX PAYROLL DEDUCTION
Payroll deduction registrations are a pre-tax benefit deducted from your paycheck. This payment method is an option only for annual permits and 2-day/3-day per week permits (available for Fall 2021).
- For Annual Permits: Payroll deductions are taken over the course of 20 pay periods. Deductions are not taken over the summer. Employees who are hired during the summer before August 5, 2021 are required to pay for their permit using cash, check, or card payment until payroll deduction resumes in the fall. Payment options for the summer permit are available.
- For 2-Day/3-Day permits: Please indicate on the 2-day/3-day request form that you would like to pay via payroll deduction. These deductions are taken over the course of 10 pay periods.
Enrollment and Confirmation
Your transportation coordinator will assist you in pre-tax payroll deduction enrollment. Upon completing and submitting the required forms, you will see deductions begin up to two pay periods after enrolling. To confirm that deductions are being taken, employees may look under taxes/deductions for “20-PAY PARKING” on pay statements.
It is the responsibility of the employee to contact DOTS if deductions are missed for any reason. As long as the registration is active and payroll deduction is in place, the registrant is responsible for all payments.
Although parking fees are deducted at a pre-tax rate, DOTS cannot give pre-tax rates for missed payments. The employee is responsible for any missed deductions.
Payroll deduction registrations do not expire and it is the responsibility of the employee to cancel the parking registration when it is no longer needed and to send the payroll deduction cancellation form to DOTS. Work with your department's transportation coordinator to cancel your annual permit.
We offer two payment options:
- Pay the entire sum when you activate your permit.
- Pay half at the time of activation. Pay the other half no later than July 2, 2021.
Make your payment online through your parking account. Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-314-3687 if you are unable to pay online. Your transportation coordinator cannot make the payment for you.
CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARD REGISTRATIONS
For Annual Permits: Employees wishing to pay cash, check or credit card for an annual parking registration will need to have their transportation coordinator renew their parking registration on a yearly basis, or as needed.
For 2-Day/3-Day Permits: Employees wishing to pay in full may use cash, check or credit card. You will receive instructions for payment after your request has been processed.
For Daily Permits: These permits are purchased through cash, check or credit only.