Ride in the HOV lane.
Carpooling is a form of ridesharing that helps you maximize your commute time and save money on gas and vehicle maintenance. Use the Smart Commute digital platform to connect with a university ridesharing partner who shares a similar schedule and lives near you—you might just make a new friend.
Carpool permit registrations will open in early August 2021.
DOTS Carpool Benefits
- A 50% discount on your annual parking permit. Daily permit holders and 2-day/3-day permit holders are not eligible.
- Parking in any designated carpool space, as well as all of the lots assigned to each member. Ex: if one rider is assigned to Lot 1 and the other is assigned to Lot 5, the carpool may park in either lot.
- Free registration in the Guaranteed Ride Home program, which provides a free ride home if there is an emergency (faculty/staff only).
- 30 daily permits per year for each carpooler.
- Use these on the days you both need to drive your own vehicles.
- If you’re carpooling just for the semester, you will receive 10 daily permits.
- Retain your original lot assignment if the carpool dissolves.