Visitor Parking Locations
The visitor parking map shows where visitors can park on campus. Visitor spaces are available:
- On the street
- In surface lots
- In four of the five campus garages
Hours and Rates
Hours: Visitor parking is enforced seven days a week from 7 a.m. to midnight, unless otherwise noted on the meter. With the exception of Labor Day, meters are not enforced on university-observed holidays.
Rates: $3 per hour, daily maximum of $15. You can pay for visitor parking through the Parkmobile app in many visitor parking zones.
Refunds: DOTS does not issue refunds or change for completed transactions.
Please report malfunctioning meters to the DOTS office by calling 301-314-3687 (4-DOTS). It is prohibited to park at a space with a malfunctioning meter. Money placed in a malfunctioning meter will not be refunded.
How to pay
At Pay Stations
Pay stations accept:
- Cash, using $20 bills or smaller. Machines do not issue change.
- Credit/debit card
- Validation/pin codes
You can also pay with the Parkmobile app in pay station areas.
If you only need to park for 15 minutes or less at a pay station, you may park for free! You still must visit the pay station to enter your space number, but you will not be charged for your transaction.
using the pay station
- Park in any space in any pay station controlled area; signs will indicate such areas on campus.
- Look for your space number. This number will either be marked on the ground or on a metal plate on the wall in front of you. Make a note of the number; you will need to enter it at the station.
- Locate closest pay station.
- Press [OK] button to start.
- Select payment method (either cash/card or validation pin code).
- Enter your space number.
- Enter the amount of time.
- Insert payment (either cash/card or validation pin code).
- Take receipt.
At Credit Card Meters
Credit card meters do no accept cash. Meter durations vary throughout campus and maximum hours (30 minutes, 2 hours, all day, etc.) are printed on each meter.
Visitors and vehicles displaying state-issued disabled parking identification may park in designated visitor spaces including those that are ADA accessible. Parking in campus lots that begin with a letter or number during restricted hours is not permitted. This includes accessible spaces.
VISITOR SPACE payment
At individual metered spaces: Guests with disabilities may park at individual metered spaces for twice the amount of time listed on the meter OR four hours, whichever is shorter, and do NOT need to pay for parking during that time.
At pay station spaces: Guest with disabilities may park at any visitor pay station space, including spaces that are marked as ADA accessible. Parking payment is required.
If you are coming to campus for a special event and the existing visitor parking does not meet your needs, please contact the event coordinator to determine if additional arrangements have been made for disabled access.