JOIN THE DRIVING FORCE OF MARYLAND!
Drive our smaller NITE Ride and Paratransit vehicles—no commercial driver’s license (CDL) is required. NITE Ride is Shuttle-UM’s overnight, on-demand service that serves campus seven days a week. Paratransit is our subscription, on-demand service that provides curb-to-curb transportation for individuals with disabilities.
- Earn $16.50 per hour, even during training.
- Earn a $1,000 scholarship for every 192 hours of driving completed (about 12 hours per week for a semester)
- Flexible hours: NITE Ride operates from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. daily; paratransit operates 24/7.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain punctuality and adhere to Shuttle-UM attendance policies
- Pass a pre-employment Department of Transportation physical and drug screening, as well as random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident (if required) drug and alcohol screening
- Complete approximately 8 hours of paid training to learn how to drive NITE Ride and Paratransit vans.
- Ability to train occasional nights and weekends
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Only accepting student applicants. To apply, please fill out this online application. If you have any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-314-9713.