Bike & E-scooter Registration
Registration through Bike Index is required (and free!) for all bikes and e-scooters on campus, and is available to anyone with a UID. You only need to register your bike or e-scooter once.
- Free lock-cutting service
- A record of ownership, which helps authorities track down your bike or e-scooter if it goes missing
- Notifications if your bike or e-scooter is relocated or at the risk of being relocated
- Updates about campus bike or e-scooter events, amenities, policy changes and safety issues
- No expiration date—registration is good for life
Registration data helps with the planning and implementation of bicycle infrastructure improvements at the university.
Veo at UMD
Veo is the e-bike and e-scooter share at the University of Maryland and The City of College Park. Get started with Veo.
send us your feedback
We evaluate our Veo program on an ongoing basis and welcome your feedback.
Hours of availability
E-bikes and e-scooters are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
E-bikes cost $1.00 to unlock and 20 cents per minute of use. E-scooters cost $1.00 to unlock and 25 cents per minute of use.