Bike & E-scooter Registration
Registration through Bike Index is required (and free!) for all bikes and e-scooters on campus, and is available to anyone with a UID. You only need to register your bike or e-scooter once.
- Free lock-cutting service
- A record of ownership, which helps authorities track down your bike or e-scooter if it goes missing
- Notifications if your bike or e-scooter is relocated or at the risk of being relocated
- Updates about campus bike or e-scooter events, amenities, policy changes and safety issues
- No expiration date—registration is good for life
Registration data helps with the planning and implementation of bicycle infrastructure improvements at the university.
How to register
- Read the biking regulations and e-scooter regulations, which include critical information regarding safety and parking.
- Register your bike or e-scooter through the Bike Index.
- Once you've completed your online registration, pick up your registration sticker from the DOTS lobby Regents Drive Garage or the RecWell Bike Shop in the Cole Student Activities Building. Please have your registration verification email ready to show in order to expedite receiving the sticker.
Veo at UMD
Veo is the e-bike and e-scooter share at the University of Maryland and The City of College Park. Get started with Veo.
send us your feedback
We evaluate our Veo program on an ongoing basis and welcome your feedback.
Hours of availability
E-bikes and e-scooters are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
E-bikes cost $1.00 to unlock and 20 cents per minute of use. E-scooters cost $1.00 to unlock and 25 cents per minute of use.