We’re hiring students to drive for Shuttle-UM!
When you join our team, you’re joining a community. These jobs are flexible, fun and equip you with skills that will last beyond graduation.
Student Transit Driver
These students drive our fixed transit routes, like the 105 Campus Parking Connector.
- $16.50/hour during commercial driver’s license (CDL) training
- $18.50/hour when licensed, plus $1,000 retention scholarship
- Additional $1,000 scholarship for every 192 hours driven per semester (approx. 12 hours per week for a semester)
- Advancement opportunities: student drivers may become eligible for student manager positions, where they'll receive a raise and assist with route planning, student driver training and more.
Yes, you can drive that huge bus. Our safety and training team will teach you everything you need to know to earn your CDL, and you'll be paid during training. Once you earn your CDL, you’ll make $18.50 per hour and receive a $1,000 retention scholarship. For every additional 192 hours you drive per semester, you earn a $1,000 scholarship.
Student NITE Ride and Paratransit Driver
Prefer to drive a smaller vehicle? These students drive our vans that deliver on-demand transportation. Paratransit runs 24/7 and provides curb-to-curb transportation for individuals with disabilities. NITE Ride is our overnight service that serves campus 7 days a week from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Additional $1,000 scholarship for every 192 hours driven (approx. 12 hours per week for a semester)
Why work for us?
“When people board the bus, they are relying on me to safely get them where they need to go. That’s empowering.” --Erica P., student driver
- Opportunities for advancement: student managers receive raises and assist with integral Shuttle-UM operations, such as route planning, student driver recruitment and retention, training and more.
- Flexible hours: we’re a 24/7 operation, with hours available around the clock.
- Skills for life: you’ll learn skills that carry beyond your time at Shuttle-UM, such as leadership, project management, communications and community outreach.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-314-9713.