Published Thursday, August 25, 2022
As always, delivering safe and efficient service to the community is our priority. We are aware that some transit providers in our area are experiencing service reductions due to increased rates of absenteeism associated with COVID-19, so Shuttle-UM is prepared to make adjustments to Shuttle-UM service if doing so becomes necessary.
Passengers should always be aware of the many area transportation options, including:
- Local or regional transit: Many other transit providers run bus routes or trains that service our area. Please review the transit providers’ websites for the most current information about their service.
- Local walking and biking paths: The Capital Trails Coalition map shows a network of multi-use trails around campus and throughout the Washington D.C. metropolitan region.
- Veo e-bike and e-scooter share: Veo offers a pay-per-ride fleet of e-bikes and e-scooters on campus and in the City of College Park and the Town of University Park. Get started by downloading the Veo app.
- UMPD 24-Hour Walking Escort Service: UMPD provides a 24-hour walking escort service on campus for all members of the campus community. Call 301-405-3555 to request an escort.
- Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH): Provided through Commuter Connections, GRH offers employees who carpool or take transit at least twice a week, a free and reliable ride home when one of life's unexpected emergencies arise. Commuters may take advantage of GRH up to four times per year.
- Campus parking permits: Student resident and commuter permits are available for Spring 2022. Employee permit options include annual permits, 2-day/3-day permits and daily permits.