*Published on Tuesday, March 10, 2020. Updated Wednesday, August 12, 2020*
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made modifications to our operations. Visit our COVID-19 resource pages to learn about our precautions and find answers to your questions. These pages will be updated as circumstances evolve:
For other UMD updates related to the coronavirus, visit umd.edu/virusinfo.
Our lobby is closed, but we're still here for you.
Customer service is now contact-free. Inquiries and cashier transactions will take place online and over the phone. Coming soon, physical permits and printed forms can be exchanged via our new smart lockers and DOTS dropbox. We remain available Monday to Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. to assist by phone at 301-314-3687 (DOTS) and email at email@example.com.
- As we prepare for the return of employees and students to the university, we will transition back to our active parking program beginning August 3 at 7 a.m. See full announcement. Know what this transition means for you and what actions you must take by reviewing our parking transition guide.
- Student parking registration opens Wednesday, July 29 at 10 a.m. on a rolling basis according to credit level. See dates.
- Fall 2020 services resumes on August 24. View schedules (added Aug. 3). During the Fall 2020 semester, some of our routes will pause during off-peak hours and/or run on an abbreviated schedule. These modifications allow for increased cleaning and limit the number of drivers using a single vehicle.
- We have implemented new precautionary measures for the health and wellness of all those aboard Shuttle-UM. These include face covering requirements for passengers and drivers, rear door entering/exiting, physical distancing accommodations and enhanced bus cleaning.
- VeoRide operations will be suspended on the university campus until further notice.
How will the parking transition that begins on Monday, August 3 affect me?
Visit our Fall 2020 parking transition guide to understand how the reintroduction of our parking program will affect you.
How and by when do I need to cancel parking payroll deduction for Fall 2020? (Added July 29)
To cancel employee parking payroll deduction, or use the new daily permit option, complete this Google Form by 11:59 p.m. August 14, 2020.
If I cancel my permit, where do I park if I need to visit campus before August 31? (Added August 7)
If you cancel your permit, you may not park in restricted faculty/staff lots after August 16, 2020. Free parking is available in Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 15, 16, 17 or 19 until full parking restrictions resume on Monday, August 31 at 7 a.m. You can also pay the hourly rate to park in a visitor lot.
I am only commuting to campus occasionally this fall. Are there permit options for those who don’t need to park every day?
We created a daily permit option, which is meant to accommodate those who will park on campus one, two or three days per week. We encourage you to visit our list of permit recommendations, which shows which type of permit could work best for your circumstances this fall.
What precautions is Shuttle-UM taking to protect those on board?
We have implemented many measures to protect Shuttle-UM passengers and drivers, including face covering requirements, rear door boarding, physical distancing accommodations, enhanced bus cleaning and barriers between passengers and the driver. View our Shuttle-UM COVID-19 updates for full details.
Have there been any modifications to Shuttle-UM schedules routes?
Yes. Our routes will operate on modified schedules to limit the number of drivers using a single vehicle and to allow for increased cleaning. View Fall 2020 schedules (added Aug. 3).
covid-19 transportation communications
April 13: Student parking fee refund information