The Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) has an opening in its Communications team for a Student Marketing Assistant. This position plays an active role in engaging the campus community and promoting the UMD DOTS core messages and services. Under the direction of the Marketing & Design Coordinator and the Student Marketing Manager, the Marketing Assistant will represent the department at University-sponsored events and assist with the Shuttle-UM advertising program. This position will strive to broaden the reach of the DOTS community and encourage positive interaction between DOTS and the University of Maryland Community.
This position requires a weekly commitment of 10–15 hours to be worked during standard office hours (9:00 – 5:00). This position requires weekend work (Saturdays) twice a month, plus occasional events held on weekends or evenings. This position requires work during the summer.
- Have a complete understanding of all DOTS services; remain abreast of changes to existing programs and services
- Promote a positive and welcoming image of DOTS and it's services
- Attend DOTS events and resource fairs
- Create opportunities for positive social interaction—expanding community engagement—on a regular basis
- Assist with on-campus postings and distribution of marketing collateral and advertisements
- Assist in the Shuttle-UM advertising program by responding to requests, tracking ad placements and status, and maintaining bus ads twice a month on Saturdays
- Assist with research projects, campaigns and initiatives
- Complete other duties as assigned: assist with the fabrication (cutting, folding, stapling, laminating) and distribution of print materials, etc.
- Work with and take direction from the Outreach Coordinator and Graphic Design Coordinator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong Google Drive skills
- Ability to utilize the Adobe Suite programs
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Maryland; preference for students majoring in marketing or communications