$10.50/HR; 8-12 HOURS/WEEK; This position reports to the DOTS citation review unit manager. Applicants must be available to work 8-12 hours per week (weekdays from 8am-5pm).
The Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) is seeking motivated students to review student parking citation appeals. Citation reviewers are responsible for evaluating UMD student requests for review of parking citations. Applicants should have attended the university for at least one semester and MUST have at least two semesters left.
The primary responsibilities of a student citation reviewer are to:
- Read, research, and evaluate student requests for parking citation reviews
- Conduct real-time (non-written) appeals with citation recipients
- Make and justify decisions to void, reduce, or uphold a citation
Due to the sensitive and complex nature of parking on campus, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong understanding of the DOTS mission and purpose
- Be motivated to learn and understand campus parking regulations
- Have excellent research and analytical skills and be able to articulate findings
- Demonstrate sound and consistent decision-making skills
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and discretion when accessing confidential information
- Proactively communicate areas for improvement within DOTS parking operations based on review statements
- Be adept at facilitating real-time reviews with students, especially those who may be confused, frustrated, and/or angry