The Student Human Resource Assistant (SHRA) works with and assists the Student Human Resources Manager in facilitating the recruitment and hiring process for student positions at the Department of Transportation Services. Additionally, the SHRA promotes a fun, supportive and professional work environment. The position requires approximately 12-15 hours a week with $12.17/hr compensation.
Include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling interviews and assisting with the overall hiring process
Supporting all internal and external HR related inquiries and requests
Maintaining electronic and physical records of past and current employees
Completing termination paperwork and exit interviews
- Providing payroll-related information to, and processing payroll documents for, staff
- Scheduling and conducting paperwork appointments for all student employees
- Planning and participating in recruitment events
- Working collaboratively with management and staff to facilitate positive relationships
The best candidate will
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be team-oriented, flexible and able to effectively adapt to change
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be detail oriented and have exceptional time management skills
- Maintain virtual and personal professionalism
Have basic knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite applications.
Be available for some after-hours training and meetings throughout the semester.
MUST have at least 2 semesters left at the university.
MUST have availability during the summer and winter breaks.