JOIN the customer service team
The Student Customer Service Representatives at the Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) are responsible for delivering excellent customer service through active and accurate communication with all department customers. Representatives will serve as the first point of contact for all walk-in and telephone customers. They are expected to convey detailed information regarding departmental policies and regulations to customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner. Students will work to build and maintain positive business relationships for the department with faculty, staff, and students by providing the highest quality customer service.
- Greet all customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Provide customers with service information regarding parking and other department programs.
- Facilitate the citation review process per department guidelines.
- Have considerable knowledge of DOTS' regulations.
- Have general knowledge regarding the Shuttle-UM system and the ability to direct customers to appropriate personnel for additional information.
- Assist customers in documenting comments, complaints, and concerns with the department.
- Maintain the aesthetic appeal of the front lobby area (including the waiting area).
- Maintain the integrity of all information system processes.
- Attend assigned training sessions throughout the semester.
- Dress appropriately for front line customer service position.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- MUST be available to work on Thursdays.
- MUST be available during the summer and winter break periods.
- MUST have at least 3 semesters left at the university.
The best candidate will:
- Possess excellent customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Have the ability to adapt to many different professional situations.
- Be able to adapt to new initiatives and programs at a moment’s notice.
- Be available for some after-hours training and meetings throughout the semester.
- Be able to manage difficult customer interactions in an appropriate and professional way.